Dr. Hays integrates into his teaching of systematic theology over 30 years of ministry experience, including 25 years in church planting in Holland and the U.S. Dr. Hays teaches based on the idea that true theology transforms lives into the image of Jesus Christ. His current church plant project is made up of secular, unchurched people.
Dr. Hays is married to Margré, a Dutch national from the town of Andijk. Margré is a gifted minister and currently serves as the Scandinavian Regional Director for Community Bible Studies International (www.cbsi.nl). The Hays have 4 children and have had 23 foster children.
- B.S., Bible Philadelphia College of Bible
- M.A., Church Education, Western Seminary, Portland
- Th.M. Christian Education, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Ph.D. Systematic Theology, Dallas Theological Seminary
Professional and Ministry Experience
- Jr. High pastor, Davisville Church, PA; Battle Ground Baptist Church, WA; Fellowship Bible Church North, TX
- Counseling Intern, Center for Church Renewal
- Missionary, Kortrijk, Belgium
- Church Planter, Amarillo, Texas, Van Alstyne, Texas
- Church-Planting Missionary, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
- Adjunct Professor, Tyndale Theological Seminary
- Facilitator, CBSI (Community Bible Studies International) Netherlands, Serbia
- The Teacher as Facilitator of the Teaching/Learning Process (Unpublished master’s thesis, WCBS).
- The Theological Method of Edward Schillebeeckx (Unpublished doctoral dissertation, DTS).
- “Nieuwe wijn in nieuwe wijnzakken”, Soteria (15:3, September, 1998).
- Various articles.
- Building Bridges: A Practical Guide for Evangelism and Discipleship with the Unchurched, Galatians 2:20 Publishers, 2016.