Mark resides in Badhoevedorp, the Netherlands (the home of Tyndale), with his wife Alicia, son Henry and daughter Michaela. Mark and Alicia’s shared desire is to build up the church of Jesus Christ through discipleship by having God’s word and Spirit transform individual lives, person to person and in community.
Mark’s main ministry focus has been through the teaching ministry of the local church. He led and taught various small groups, including men’s groups, mixed groups, Adult Bible Fellowships and Adult Discovery Series. Topics have included books of the Bible, such as the gospel of Mark, Colossians and 1st Corinthians, topical studies such as the spiritual/human response to the September 11th bombing, church history and bio-ethics.
Focusing on small group ministries has been a strong desire for Mark. He led a small group of people from various churches focusing on reading and discussion on classic Christian literature. The group reviewed and discussed the application of texts such as The Images of Jesus Through the Ages, (Pelikin), The Weight of Glory, (C.S. Lewis), The Biography of St. Francis of Assisi, (G.K. Chesterton), The Revenge of Conscience, (J. Budzeshki) and The Providence of God, (Helm). Mark has been involved in a church plant in the City of Chicago with several others in the Presbyterian Church of America.
- B.A., Economics and International Relations, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Master of Laws, Melbourne University, Melbourne, Australia
- M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois
Professional and Ministry Experience
- Tutor, Melbourne University, Department of Accountancy and Commercial Law, Melbourne, Australia.
- Judicial Clerk, United States District Judge Peter Beer, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Associate, Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell (formerly Lord, Bissell and Brook), Chicago, Illinois
- General Counsel, Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation, Evanston, Illinois
- Adjunct Professor, Trinity College, Deerfield, Illinois
Academic Papers and Published Works