This page provides information about the use of Personal Data provided by potential students -- Inquirers and Applicants to Tyndale Theological Seminary.
- Your Personal Data – what is it?
“Personal Data” means any information that relates to or identifies you as an individual.
- How will Tyndale process your Personal Data?
Tyndale Theological Seminary will process your personal information as part of the admissions process or to provide additional information to an Inquirer. Tyndale complies with its obligations under the EU Data Protection Law by keeping Personal Data up to date, by storing it securely, by not collecting or keeping excessive amounts of data, by protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
- What Personal Data will be processed?
Tyndale Theological Seminary will use the information that you provide with your inquiry to answer your questions. Once you reach the stage of applying, Tyndale will use the information you provide on your application form, together with the supporting documents requested and additional information provided by your references. In the case where an English language competency test is required, those results will also be used in the evaluation process.
- What is the legal basis and purpose of the processing?
Tyndale Theological Seminary will process the Personal Data provided on your application and the other information referred to above for the purposes of processing your application, verifying the information provided, deciding whether to offer you a place for the program that you have applied for, and communicating that outcome to you together with any feedback.
We may also use or disclose the information provided for the following purposes:
- For immigration requirements normally assisting with your student visa
- As requested by you, to help us make reasonable adjustments for any disability
- For research, statistical and accreditation purposes (but no information which could identify you personally will be given)
- To allow us to consider accommodation requirements
We consider the processing of your Personal Data for these purposes to be either necessary for us to make a decision about establishing a formal relationship with you (e.g. to assess your application to become a student) or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. immigration and student visa requirements). We require you to provide us with the information that we request during the application process in order to assess your application. Admissions decisions are not automated.
- With whom will your Personal Data be shared?
As described above, your Personal Data is shared with relevant staff at the Seminary on a need to know basis. In addition, it is shared as permitted or required by law, on a confidential basis, with external organizations, including the following:
- Where relevant and as required, Dutch visa and immigration services in order to act as a sponsor for visa purposes
- Your funders and/or potential funders with your explicit consent
- Companies or organizations providing specific services to, or on behalf of Tyndale Theological Seminary (e.g. health insurance companies)
- Where relevant and as required and/or notified to you, your current or previous school/college or training organization.
- How is your Personal Data used if you are accepted as a student?
If you are accepted as a student, we will use your personal information for the purposes described in the Tyndale Theological Seminary Privacy Notice for Students. This information will be provided to you in your offer of admission.
- How can you access your Personal Data?
You have the right to receive details of the Personal Data concerning you that is stored and processed by Tyndale Theological Seminary. Further details are set out in the “Data Subject Access Request Form.”
You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you, to delete Personal Data, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or to receive an electronic copy of the Personal Data you provided to us. These requests will be processed in consideration of the exceptions provided within the law.
- How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We store your Personal Data for as long as necessary to complete the application process. If you are admitted, your data will be kept as part of your student record for the duration of your studies. If you are not admitted, your data will normally be kept for not more than one year after the completion of the application process.
- Who can you contact?